Monday, January 26, 2009

A Great Note from a Parent.....

"My son attends the Wed. afternoon dance class.  The purpose of this E-mail is to probably tell you what you already know:  your program has terrific teachers!

I happened to pass the classroom a time or two last semester (prior to my son's enrollment) and it looked like everyone was having fun and the instructor was full of life.  I asked a parent of one of the students what they thought of the class and they said they loved it.  So I signed my son up for the semester.  I could not be happier with the class and your teacher's overall approach.  She not only teaches them how to be creative with their dance moves, but also allows them the freedom to make the setting as comfortable as possible for them.  My son is very apprehensive about new situations and new faces.  At the beginning he took more of an observer status.  Your instructor did not force him to participate in anything that he did not feel comfortable with; but by the same token she didn't forget that he was "participating" in his own way and would always be sure to call on him for his "turn" whether or not he actually waited in line.  Each week he participates more and more in class in the traditional sense.  He really loves dancing now and the interaction with the stories.  And of course the instructor's bubbly personality and the exuberance helps keep everyone interested and dancing.  I feel very fortunate that my son has been able to have such a positive experience with dance class and just wanted to let you know how much we love our teacher."

Dance is so very powerful for young ones---especially when instructed with the right heart!

No comments: